Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft is a bioactive tissue matrix allograft composed of dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane that preserves and contains multiple extracellular matrix proteins, growth factors, cytokines, and other specialty proteins.
Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft Injectables
What is Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft?
Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft is a bioactive tissue matrix allograft composed of dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane that preserves and contains multiple extracellular matrix proteins, growth factors, cytokines, and other specialty proteins. Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft contains 226 different growth factors, specialized cytokines, and enzyme inhibitors, including some of the most important needed for healing. Growth factors are powerful agents that our bodies produce to signal cells to come to the target site, help the site to heal, and help your own cells regenerate the damaged tissue.
Key Benefits & Uses:
- Acts as a barrier membrane
- Reduces scar tissue formation
- Modulates inflammation
- Enhances healing
- Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft can be used joints and tendons where injury or breakdown is present.
- Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft can be used also to stimulate Hair Growth. The use of scalp injections to treat hair loss, can do wonders for new hair growth. Patients usually see a significant amount of hair growth within 3 months.
Would a Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft product be right for you?
Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft is great option to add to PRP treatments for osteoarthritis, tendon tears, tendonitis, and chronic injuries. Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, osteoarthritis in the knee, hip, ankle, and shoulder, MCL tear, ACL tear, meniscus tears, rotator cuff tear, IT band syndrome, and many more conditions can benefit from Amnio and PRP therapies.
Our doctors may recommend Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft as an option if:
- You have been diagnosed with an injury resulting in inflammation
- Conservative treatment such as anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, and bracing has not provided symptomatic relief from inflammation
- You want a non-steroidal option or have reached your limit of steroid injections.
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are powerful agents that our bodies produce to signal cells to come to target site, help the site heal, and help your own cells regulate the damaged tissue. Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft contains some of the most important growth factors needed for healing. Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft Sports Med contains 226 different growth factors, specialized cytokines (small proteins required for cell signaling), and enzyme inhibitors.
What is the source of AminoFix?
All of the amniotic membrane tissue used for Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft is donated by healthy consenting mothers undergoing scheduled C-sections. The amniotic membrane is the membrane surrounding the baby and is usually discarded after the baby is born. The recovery of the membrane does not affect the baby or delivery process. All tissue donors are tested for infectious diseases just like the blood donation process. Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft allografts are procured and processed in the United States according to the standards and regulations established by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The proprietary PURION® processing method utilizes terminal sterilization to further enhance patient safety.
How do I care for my treatment site?
The site might appear red and be tender to the touch. You may apply ice and elevation as needed. Initially, the procedure may cause some localized soreness and discomfort; this may last 2-3 days.
Warning – Stop anti-inflammatory medication before treatment!!!
With any of these injections, all forms of ORAL and TOPICAL anti-inflammatories must be stopped for 1 week before and 2 weeks after, as to not interrupt the initial healing cascade initiated by the injections.
- Advil / Motrin / Ibuprofen
- Aleve / Naproxen
- Asprin- any doses above 81 mg
- Mobix / Meloxicam, Celebrex / Celecoxib, Voltaren / Diclofenac
- Fish oils / Omega-3 fatty acids
- Oral green tea
- Glucosamine / Chondroitin